Mi-Tech Tungsten Metals, LLC, Online Privacy Statement
Effective date: January 18, 2017
In this Privacy Statement, ‘MI-TECH’ refers to Mi-Tech Tungsten Metals, LLC and any other MI-TECH controlled affiliate whose websites links to this Privacy Statement. Every MI-TECH affiliate must respect privacy and protect the personal information that is entrusted to it. This Privacy Statement explains how MI-TECH may collect, use and disclose Personal Information obtained through its websites.The MI-TECH websites are designed and intended for use by adults over the age of 18. If you are not over the age of 18, you are not authorized to use the MI-TECH websites without the express consent of your parent or guardian.
- Types of Personal InformationThis Privacy Statement explains our practices with regard to “Personal Information” collected by MI-TECH for its own business purposes. Personal Information is any information that can be used to identify, locate or contact you. Personal Information also includes other information that may be associated with your Personal Information. We may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, username, mailing address, telephone numbers, email address or other addresses that allow us to send you messages.
- Relationship Information that helps us do business with you, such as the types of products and services that may interest you, relate to your business, information on your company’s size, geographic locations, creditworthiness and demographics.
- Transaction Information about how you interact with MI-TECH, Inc. including purchases, inquiries, customer account information, and information about how you use the MI-TECH websites and applications, as applicable.
- How MI-TECH collects Personal InformationIn many cases, we collect Personal Information directly from you. We will ask you for Personal Information (including Contact Information and Relationship Information) when you interact with us, such as registering on our websites, signing up for MI-TECH services, signing up to receive a newsletter, or making a purchase. We may, from time to time, collect additional Relationship Information from third party data suppliers who enhance our files and help us better understand our customers.
When you purchase products or services from MI-TECH, we collect “Transaction Information”. We also collect Transaction Information when you visit our website, use our applications or contact us, such as for customer service purposes.
- How MI-TECH uses Personal InformationMI-TECH may use your Personal Information to:
- Fulfill your requests for products or services and for related activities, such as product and service delivery and execution, customer service, account management, support and training and to provide other services related to your relationship with MI-TECH;
- Provide you with marketing communications and offers for products and services from MI-TECH and, in some cases, our partners, including offers targeted based on your interests, business characteristics and location;
- Administer surveys and other promotional events;
- Determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or offers;
- Provide you with additional information that may be of interest, such as MI-TECH news and announcements and technical service bulletins; and
- Manage our everyday business needs, such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, contract management, website administration, forum management, fulfillment, analytics, security and fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance, and business continuity.
- Why Personal Information is disclosed by MI-TECHMI-TECH understands that you do not want to us to provide your Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. We limit our sharing of your Personal Information as follows:
We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates, which may only use your Personal Information for the purposes listed above.
We may also share your Personal Information with our service providers, who are bound by law or contract to protect your Personal Information and only use your Personal Information in accordance with our instructions.
We may share your Personal Information with business partners, but only to the extent you have purchased product or service from such partner, interacted with such partner, or otherwise authorized the sharing. For example, if you are referred to MI-TECH from a business partner website, we may provide that partner with your Contact Information and certain Transactional Information to validate the referral. We may also provide your Contact Information to companies that offer complementary products and services if you request information about these solutions.
We may also disclose Personal Information where needed to affect the sale or transfer of business assets, to enforce our rights, protect our property, or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions.
We will also always disclose Personal Information when required to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, including to law enforcement agencies and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
Please note that we may also use and disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may publish reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our clients. These reports do not contain any information that would enable the recipient to contact, locate or identify you. These reports also do not contain any identifiable company information.
- Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies and Google AnalyticsWhen you visit our websites or use our mobile applications, as applicable, we may collect certain Transaction Information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons.
For example, when you visit our website, we may place cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return. They also help us provide a customized experience and enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud. In many cases, you can manage cookie preferences and opt-out of having cookies and other data collection technologies used by adjusting the settings on your browser. All browsers are different, so visit the “help” section of your browser to learn about cookie preferences and other privacy settings that may be available.
MI-TECH also may use Flash Cookies (also known as Local Stored Objects) and similar technologies to personalize and enhance your online experience. The Adobe Flash Player is an application that allows rapid development of dynamic content, such as video clips and animation. We may use Flash cookies for security purposes and to help remember settings and preferences similar to browser cookies, but these are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your web browser. To manage Flash cookies, please see Adobe’s website at http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/526/52697ee8.html or visit www.adobe.com. MI-TECH does not use Flash cookies or similar technologies for behavioral or interest-based advertising purposes.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information from the device you use to access our website, your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. Our server logs also record the IP address assigned to the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique number that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to MI-TECH and the website you visit after you leave our site.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable way, without any reference to Personal Information.
For example, we use information we collect about all website users to optimize our websites and to understand website traffic patterns.
In some cases, we do associate the information we collect using cookies and other technology with your Personal Information. This Privacy Statement applies to the information when we associate it with your Personal Information.
MI-TECH has relationships with third party advertising companies to place advertisements on this website and other websites, and to perform tracking and reporting functions for this website and other websites. These third party advertising companies may place cookies on your computer when you visit our website or other websites so they can display targeted advertisements to you. These third party advertising companies do not collect Personal Information in this process, and we do not give any Personal Information to them as part of this process. However, this Privacy Statement does not cover the collection methods or use of the information collected by these vendors. For more information about third party advertising, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at www.networkadvertising.org. You can opt out of being targeted by many third party advertising companies by visiting www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp or http://preferences.
We expect our third party adverting companies to use reasonable efforts to respect browser do-not-track signals by not delivering targeted advertisements to website visitors whose browsers have a do-not-track setting enabled. However, we understand that some companies do not have this capability today. To learn more about browser tracking signals and Do Not Track please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org/
- Mobile ApplicationsMI-TECH may offer mobile applications that allow you to access your account, interact with us online and receive other information via your smartphone. All Personal Information collected by MI-TECH via our mobile applications is protected by the terms of this Privacy Statement or our Privacy Statement, as applicable.
- Your ChoicesYou can always limit the information you provide to MI-TECH. You can also limit the communications that MI-TECH sends to you. To opt-out of commercial emails, simply click the link labeled “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any email we send you, as applicable.
Please note that even if you opt-out of promotional emails, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information about your account. For example, even if you opt-out of emails, we may still send you activity confirmations and account statements.
If you have any questions about your choices or if you need any assistance with opting-out, please contact us via email to email@example.com. You can also write us at the address in the mi-techmetals.com section below. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and information about the communications that you do not want to receive.
- Access and CorrectionMI-TECH respects your right to access and correct your Personal Information. MI-TECH complies with all laws regarding access and correction. If you need assistance updating your Personal Information, please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write us at the address in the mi-techmetals.com section below. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and detailed information about the change you would like to make.
- Information SecurityMI-TECH has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to safeguard your Personal Information. For example, we use industry-standard encryption technology to secure Sensitive Personal Information when it is being collected and transmitted over the Internet as well as firewalls, site monitoring and intrusion detection software.
Please note that you should also take steps to protect yourself, especially online. When you register at MI-TECH websites, as applicable, choose a strong password, and do not use the same password that you use on other sites. Do not share your password with anyone else. MI-TECH will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited e-mail. Also remember to sign out of the website and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your Personal Information and correspondence if others have access to your computer.
- Notice to Residents of Countries outside the U.S.MI-TECH is headquartered in the United States of America. Your Personal Information may be accessed by or transferred to the United States or to our affiliates and data processors elsewhere in the world. By providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to this transfer. We will always protect the privacy and security of your Personal Information, regardless of where it is processed or stored.
- Privacy Policies of Third PartiesThis Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information by MI-TECH. Other websites that may be accessible through this website have their own privacy policies and data collection, use and disclosure practices. Our affiliates, suppliers and business partners have their own privacy policies too. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by all third parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement to reflect new or different privacy practices. We will place a notice online when we make material changes to this the Privacy Statement. Additionally, if the changes will materially affect the way we use or disclose previously-collected Personal Information, we will notify you about the change by sending a notice to the primary email address associated with your account.
- How to Contact UsPlease contact us if you have any questions, comments or complaints if you believe that MI-TECH has not handled your personal information properly or that it has breached its privacy obligations, your complaint may be directed at MI-TECH’s Office [email@example.com]. MI-TECH will investigate any complaint and notify you or the effected individual, as applicable, within reasonable timeframe of the outcome of the investigation.
You can reach us via mail to:
Mi-Tech Tungsten Metals, LLC. 4701 Massachusetts Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46218